dkorbuly@hotmail.com
Junior Member
Problem I)
I am running WIndows XP with Parallel Desktop for Mac Ver 5 on MacBook 10.4.11
I am getting messages that "virtual memory too low". I don't know how to eliminate this problem. I Cleared Up the Disc , I defregemented the disc, I compressed the disc (Capacity 6.92 GB, Free Space 2.83 GB.). What should I do?
Problem II)
In desperation I gradually increased the Main Memory assigned to the virtual machine until I reached 1212 MB (Total is 2000). Obviously this has to be changed to maximum 1 GB- but I can't do it. The VIrtual Machine Configuration>Memory is not responding. I have tried to reduce the asigned space from 1212 MB to lower than 1000 MB-but the panel doesn't respond. (I am getting a warning when I close the window that too much is asigned but it doesn't allow me to change it to a lower figure.) I went to Parallel>Preferences> Memory>manual and changed the assigned memory down to below 1000 MB. It didn't affect the setting under the Virtual Machine Configuration even after rebooting .
What should I do?
I am running WIndows XP with Parallel Desktop for Mac Ver 5 on MacBook 10.4.11
I am getting messages that "virtual memory too low". I don't know how to eliminate this problem. I Cleared Up the Disc , I defregemented the disc, I compressed the disc (Capacity 6.92 GB, Free Space 2.83 GB.). What should I do?
Problem II)
In desperation I gradually increased the Main Memory assigned to the virtual machine until I reached 1212 MB (Total is 2000). Obviously this has to be changed to maximum 1 GB- but I can't do it. The VIrtual Machine Configuration>Memory is not responding. I have tried to reduce the asigned space from 1212 MB to lower than 1000 MB-but the panel doesn't respond. (I am getting a warning when I close the window that too much is asigned but it doesn't allow me to change it to a lower figure.) I went to Parallel>Preferences> Memory>manual and changed the assigned memory down to below 1000 MB. It didn't affect the setting under the Virtual Machine Configuration even after rebooting .
What should I do?