Product Suggestion

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Jkirk3279, Jan 1, 2009.

1. Jkirk3279

Jkirk3279 Junior Member

I was deliberating on the most user friendly configuration for future versions of Parallels.

Here's a thought.

The best performance might come by taking advantage of OS X's nature. If I have the details correctly, the underpinnings are a BSD UNIX microkernel, then an OS called Darwin.

On top of that, we have Aqua. And on top of Aqua, we run applications.

There may be room for a speed improvement, if Parallels wants to get a little innovative.

Imagine if Parallels was re-designed to run directly on top of Darwin, and you could switch Aqua into standby.

For the user interface, use something like Fast User Switching.

So without the overhead of Aqua, Parallels would run at full native speed, or nearly. This would be a great benefit for me, as I like leaving Safari open with dozens of windows and tabs running.

Switching to Boot Camp means shutting all that down. No fun. Even with broadband, it takes a while to bring everything back, and I only have broadband at work.

But if we could choose between Convergence, Window, and Swap mode, we could then leave our other apps running, but still have the speed boost of Boot Camp.

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

It is licensing issue, what you are suggesting is called bare metal