ps3 controller in parallels 6

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by WillB, May 16, 2012.

1. WillB

WillB Bit poster

Hi,

I'm having issues with connecting my ps3 controller to my mac. Bluetooth on mac detected it and is now in the list of devices to use. But I don't want to use my ps3 controller on mac, I want to use it in windows 7 virtual machine.

I went through with installing the correct motioninjoy driver (060003 I believe) on windows 7 and disabled the driver signature enforcement when restarting windows in virtual machine.

But enough with the jibber jabber. What I was thinking when I got a ps3 controller was that it would be able to be detected not only on my mac, but also in parallels virtual machine. I guess one of the things I want to know is, can parallels 6 detect a ps3 game controller?

I can't seem to get the controller to connect when I start up the driver software. What I've also been wondering is, do I need an actual ps3 controller cable to use to plug into my computer? Because right now I'm using a camera cable to try and connect the controller to my computer (it has the same kind of ports as a ps3 controller cable: mini B and usb) and I don't feel up to getting a ps3 controller cable right now (but I will if I have to). And the weird thing is, bluetooth on mac detected the controller even with the different cable connecting it to the computer.

So I'm trying to rule out: 1) if the driver software just isn't working, 2) if the cord I'm using isn't compatible and may cause connectivity issues or 3) if parallels just doesn't support ps3 controllers altogether and it can't detect the controller. Does anyone know something about this? Thanks

2. Skywardwolf

Skywardwolf Bit poster