Publishing Agent stops after adding an application

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by Roman, Jan 7, 2007.

1. Roman

Roman Guest

All,

I'm not sure how much info to include but I'll try and cover everything.

The 2X Console indicates all is good until I add an application, such as WINWORD.EXE, and then the Information | Status indicates that the Publishing Agent is not running. Terminal Server Agent, Client Gateway and Broadcast Service continue to run normally.

I've installed ApplicationServer 4.2 (161) on a test instalation of Server 2003 Std X64. Terminal Services is installed, as is the License Server although it is not activated but temp licenses should be ok? Office 2003 Pro was installed properly through Add / Remove Programs. Win 2003 has the latest patches. I did try moving memshell.exe from \syswow64 to \system32 as per another post but this made no difference. I've also shared the Office installation folder to no avail.

The users are members of Remote Desktop Users but I'm not sure if this makes any difference at this stage anyway? Deleting the application returns the Publishing Agent to a running normally state.

Any tips are appreciated.

2. Roman

Roman Guest

hmm it just dawned on me that there is no mention made of 64 bit compliance on the product page :( Could that be the issue?

[Edit] I've received confirmation that only 32 bit is supported - are there plans for a 64 bit version? If so when is it anticipated? ApplicationServer appears to be very close to compliant with the only observed problem being the Publishing Agent. I have also noted several times where all settings have gone back to default.

Regards..

3. ddicks

ddicks Guest

64bit

Roman,

I am currently running 2x on Windows 2003 64bit and works great. I did have the problem you describe which I found related to when you public an application look at the target and start in fields to see if you have %Program Files% or something like that with ther % symbol. Change that to an absolute path. It x64 Microsoft decided to change the program files directory and for some reason 2x did not like that. Once I changed these files the service stayed running.

Good luck