Pulled the trigger, how about you?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by azlotz, Apr 29, 2006.

1. azlotz

azlotz Bit poster

After trying Beta V5 and the new shared folder features I was sold. This is a great product at a great price, just $40 right now. Performance has been great on the Mac-mini, I've had Parallels running XP, with an EyeTV window running, and Safari up, all nice and smooth:)

Anybody else getting in before the price jump?

2. Scott66

Scott66 Bit poster

I'm in

I probably will (90% sure). The lack of 3-D graphics support will keep me from using the product often but I'm so impressed by the effort and the polish of the product that I'm going to spend $40 as an "ataboy" and to support future development.

3. engrProf

engrProf Member

I bought it Thursday. I wanted to say thanks to these guys. They are doing a fantastic job. Right now I'm busy expanding my hard drive image using the Image Tool, just released in Beta 6. These guys are working very hard to deliver a strong product.

4. johnnykrisma

johnnykrisma Junior Member

coughed up my dough after Beta 5 came out. The speed of updates is impressive and if they have as much support for final product as they have for the betas, we're golden.

Great job guys!

John

5. Sheppy

Sheppy Hunter

I pre-ordered mine back in the beta 4 timeframe. It looks like the perfect solution for the vast majority of my Windows needs -- primarily, running QuickBooks and occasionally doing test builds of code in Visual Studio.

6. jweitzman

jweitzman Bit poster

Order in, the effort being made is impressive and appreciated.

7. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Junior Member

I ordered at beta 3.

8. Cereal

Cereal Junior Member

Beta 3. :D

9. menardo

menardo Bit poster

ordered at Beta 2. Hope to see the final version of this amazing product soon :cool:

10. brettw

brettw Member

I'll pay when it gets stable ....

Though I'm impressed with the speed of updated betas I'll wait until there is a shipping trial product that will work stable and reliably for 30 days before giving anyone my money.

11. Scott

Scott Bit poster

I paid at beta 3 I believe :D

12. vamp07

vamp07 Member

Has anybody received their key? I bought early too but never got an official install key. Now it is starting to warn that my temporary key is running out.

13. Scott

Scott Bit poster

no key for me yet.

14. matonmacs

matonmacs Bit poster

I ordered earlier today on the strength of beta 5. I had been holding out for sound support with no lag, and so once they hit that I was golden. I have been extremely impressed with Parallels; definitely worth $40!

15. neuronbob

neuronbob Bit poster

I just downloaded beta5 yesterday and it works fabulously. I will definitely be paying this week as it runs the Windows programs I need well enough to use--and it's still in beta form!

I likely won't try beta6 until they've got the networking issue fixed, though.

Keep up the good work!

16. n4khq

n4khq Member

Paid beta 2

I be glad to buy the beta and still pay $50 for the GM. It has been rock solid for me starting with Beta 5.

17. dirk@hohndel.org

dirk@hohndel.org Member

got two licenses at beta 4

18. gander2112

gander2112 Junior Member

I bought it the day I got my macbook pro. I installed the latest beta (beta 3) , and knew that this was going to be easily the best $40 I ever spent, and haven't looked back...

Geoff

19. luz

luz Member

Running other OS's within Mac OS is something I've been waiting for about 15 years!

So I hadn't to think twice to order Parallels instantly after ordering my MBP 17".

I can't wait to try this - but I have to until the MBP arrives in 10 days. In the meantime I'm reading the forums here - with the pace of updates I'll probably join the active beta testers not before beta 8 or 9 :)