I purchased a physical copy of Parallels Desktop for Mac Student Edition from my institution's computer store. It clearly states "Parallels Desktop for Mac Student Edition". I downloaded Parallels from the parallels.com/welcome-student, then entered the activation key and it states that it is a permanent license added to my account, but when I try to activate it it states "The previous activation key has not been accepted by the license server."
In manage licenses, it states that I have a permanent license and that the status is active, but then when I open the application, it states I have an active trial that will expire in 15 days, and that I can't activate the license (leading back to the previous mentioned error message) which then only prompts me to buy a full license from the website. I don't know what to do since I purchased the physical copy, I doubt they will allow me to return an opened copy of a download code.
In manage licenses, it states that I have a permanent license and that the status is active, but then when I open the application, it states I have an active trial that will expire in 15 days, and that I can't activate the license (leading back to the previous mentioned error message) which then only prompts me to buy a full license from the website. I don't know what to do since I purchased the physical copy, I doubt they will allow me to return an opened copy of a download code.