Query: How to enable coherence in specific windows

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by rootuid, Jan 10, 2007.

1. rootuid

rootuid Junior Member

3106 Coherence : Apps not minimizing to Mac Os X Dock

I've installed the beta 3 build 3106. Upgraded tools etc.. Everything appears to be fine. I can't however enable coherence for specific windows so that they appear in the dock. Any ideas?

Last edited: Jan 10, 2007
  2. ksenks

ksenks Parallels Developers

Please explain your problem more in detail.
    What "specific windows" do you mean?

3. rootuid

rootuid Junior Member

For example, I open Internet Exporer in my guest operating system. I then minimize Internet Explorer and it disappears to the guests taskbar not the Mac Os X dock.

4. johnoyler

johnoyler Member

Well...

At least in current builds, minimizing won't minimize to the apple dock. The only thing it does so far, is open an IE icon on the dock, when IE opens.

5. rootuid

rootuid Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I'm using Beta 3 but no windows icons appear in the dock.

6. darkone

darkone Forum Maven

Make sure in, Parallels > Preferences > Appearance, you have ticked "show applications in dock"

7. rootuid

rootuid Junior Member

Thanks for the reply. I have that preference selected. I can see that applications which are opened in parallels are also opened in the parallels dock icon. However I was under the impression that each windows application gets it's own seperate dock icon. I guess this feature isn't available in Beta 3 right ?