Question about getting on the Internet with Windows 7

TylerP

Bit poster
I installed Windows 7 on my Mac with II, but the internet doesn't work even when plugged into an ethernet jack. It says that I don't have a driver and can't recognize the network hardware. How do I fix this?
 
Try Virtual Machine -> Reinstall Parallels Tools.

Check the settings in Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Network -> Shared Networking (click Restore Defaults and make sure Enable DHCP Server is enabled).

Check the Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Hardware -> Network Adapter 1 settings. Try removing the Network Adapter 1 (press [-] button), then adding a new one (press [+] button and select Network Adapter).

Check Windows Start -> Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager -> Network Adapters -> Parallels Ethernet Adapter -> Properties. Does it say "This device is working properly." ? Try right clicking and selecting "Scan for hardware changes".

Open a cmd window in Windows and type "ipconfig" and see if you have an IPv4 address, subnet mask, and gateway.
 
Back
Top