Is there a way to back up my Parallels VM (XP Pro) and then do a fresh install of OS X, install Parallels, but not go through the process of re-loading Windows, instead restoring the VM that contains the programs I've already installed??
Thanks!
I recently went through this process. During full-screen transitions I was experiencing frequent unexpected quits and panics from parallels using 3188. Everything I tried to correct the issues failed until I reinstalled OS X. I purchased an external Lacie rugged HD that includes a FW800 interface. I then purchased SuperDuper from http://www.shirt-pocket.com. I made a full bootable backup of my MBP's HD using SuperDuper. I then verified I could independently boot off the external drive and that all my files were present and accessible. I then reinstalled OS X from scratch and used the transfer accounts and applications target mode option during the re-build using the FW800 interface on the Lacie just as if it was another MAC computer. At the end of this Parallels had an issue starting but I simply performed a re-install of parallels 3188 without removing the now restored version. I am happy to say it was a fairly easy process and have had NO issues since. If you search my user id there is a thread on this.