QuickBooks Point of Sale (P.o.S.)

geo

Bit poster
Seen a few responses from people running Quickbooks, but nothing on the POS version.

Has anyone tried it?

I presume that the software should run just fine, as the normal version of QuickBooks seems to, but the concern is the interface to things like the scanner and cash drawer, which are USB.

I have noted that the USB support isn't exactly perfect, so if anyone has any Experience with the QuickBooks POS software/hardware, could you please fill me in?

thanks!
 
Might be okay

Took the plunge.

Seems to be okay so far. Software has recognized all of the hardware. (Almost. Hand scanner draws too much power.)

Biggest issue is that there are too many USB devices. But a powered hub will cure both issues.


Haven't really gotten into the meat of testing the program yet, but at least the hardware all connects...
 
Spoke too soon.

Seems I spoke too soon.

Got an powered USB hub for the handheld barcode scanner. (cipherlab 1105)

Keyboard Setup assistant didn't like it and kept asking me to press the key to the right of the left shift key. (z)

got a barcode of the Z key and scanned that. It seemed to take that.

But Parallels won't talk with the keyboard. It says:
USB device you are trying to connect to the virtual machine is being used by another process. Wait 5-10 seconds, then try to connect the device again. If this does not help, find the application that blocked up the device and disconnect it manually.

I'm afraid that this other process is the OS itself. (Oh, and I don't have anything else running. Fresh OS on a new machine.)

Any ideas?
 
Sorta

Tried again about a month ago. The USB handling was much better. I think you still had to go down to the USB menu and check the two printers, EVERY TIME you launched the OS, but I don't think I had to do the "Uninstal/re-install" trick to get one of the printers working I did before. (I think I had another thread on that issue.)

I plan on revisiting the issue again in the new year, and will try to remember to post an update.
 
Back
Top