OK, I've been struggling with this for a few days, so any help would be great. I'm running OS X 10.6.4 i have 2.4 GHZ intel core 2 duo, 4gb memory, it looks like i have 316.gb of space, and have used about half of that. I'm running windows XP professional.
Windows keeps popping up that I'm running out of space on disc c. so I shut it down, and goto configure. When I go into the configure menu, I go to hardware, and click on hard disc 1. After doing that, I try to resize, but I get the error "Unable to resize the disk because it has one or more snapshots. This disk belongs to a virtual machine that has one or more snapshots. Merge or delete these snapshots and try again."
When I go into manage snap shots, there is only one snap shot. I do have a few different virtual machine VPMs set up, due to an accident with the virtual machines list last month. I could probably delete one or more of them if need be.
So then, per other advice, I go into my applications and run parallels image tool. I start it up, and here is where I get stuck. it asks to "specify the path to your virtual hard disk image file" where I'm supposed to choose it. I cannot, for love or money, figure out where my virtual hard disk is for my machine. When I open finder, and look at my hard disk, I see nothing that blatantly jumps out at me to indicate it's my virtual hard disc. Trying to select anything through the applications parallels folder is not working. Trying to select anything in the shared parallels folder=nothing. In the users folder where the parallels vpms show up, nothing. Nothing under devices, and when I open admin computer, it only shows bootcamp, a networked drive, my mac HD, network, and time machine.
I cannot continue to work with the way my machine is set up, help please
Windows keeps popping up that I'm running out of space on disc c. so I shut it down, and goto configure. When I go into the configure menu, I go to hardware, and click on hard disc 1. After doing that, I try to resize, but I get the error "Unable to resize the disk because it has one or more snapshots. This disk belongs to a virtual machine that has one or more snapshots. Merge or delete these snapshots and try again."
When I go into manage snap shots, there is only one snap shot. I do have a few different virtual machine VPMs set up, due to an accident with the virtual machines list last month. I could probably delete one or more of them if need be.
So then, per other advice, I go into my applications and run parallels image tool. I start it up, and here is where I get stuck. it asks to "specify the path to your virtual hard disk image file" where I'm supposed to choose it. I cannot, for love or money, figure out where my virtual hard disk is for my machine. When I open finder, and look at my hard disk, I see nothing that blatantly jumps out at me to indicate it's my virtual hard disc. Trying to select anything through the applications parallels folder is not working. Trying to select anything in the shared parallels folder=nothing. In the users folder where the parallels vpms show up, nothing. Nothing under devices, and when I open admin computer, it only shows bootcamp, a networked drive, my mac HD, network, and time machine.
I cannot continue to work with the way my machine is set up, help please