Random Space Switching using Coherence Windows Outlook 2010

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mikedparallels, Aug 8, 2011.

1. mikedparallels

mikedparallels Junior Member

I'm using Windows Outlook 2010 in Coherence mode on a Parallels 64-bit Win-7 Pro VM on a 15" Macbook Pro (early 2011) running Lion.

I have Outlook running in it's own Space (Mission Control Desktop) but I get the oddest behavior whenever I interact with a separate window (ie, a message that opens in its own window or a calendar reminder, etc) --- when I hit the delete button, the mac switches over one Space to the right (ie, if Outlook is on Desktop 1, I suddenly am forced to Desktop 2). This also happens if I'm on a different Desktop, and use the Parallels Outlook Doc Icon - if I hit it, trying to get to Parallels Outlook -- instead, I just switch Desktops --- usually to a desktop on which Outlook is not working. I've tried Secondary Clicking the Dock Icon, and choosing to Assign Parallels Outlook to one particular Desktop, and All Desktops - neither have worked.

Any ideas?

2. mikedparallels

mikedparallels Junior Member

This is still a problem - But not with VMfusion

So, to try to increase attention to this problem -- I'm playing a little lowball and pointing out that the competition doesn't have this problem. I'm currently trying to decide on whether to go with Parallels or VMfusion for my Windows virtualization, and while I know all about the speed stats --- VMfusion plays nicely with OS X Lion Spaces/MissionControl/Desktops. I can have a VM application open in one desktop, be in another, and when I hit that app's icon, it switches to the correct desktop.