RAS v15, Terminal Server Option RemoteApps

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by MortenK2, Apr 6, 2016.

1. MortenK2

MortenK2 Bit poster

Hi!
    I have read through the Administration manual, all the webpages that I can find, but there is little to no information about the "Use RemoteApps if available" option under the Terminal Server Properties. I have tried to configure it, and in the beginning I got error messages, and now I do not see any difference if I use RemoteApps or not.

I am using Windows 2012R2 servers, and I have Tried with both Published application and non published application.

Can anyone tell me what the Advantages/disadvantages of using the "RemoteApps" option or not? And Are there any special Configuration steps that needs to be taken?

2. Valentin@Parallels

Valentin@Parallels Parallels Support

Hey @MortenK2
    "Use RemoteApps if available" option actually enables alternative mirroring technology. Actually there is no advantages or disadvantages, its' just different technologies being used depending on if option is enabled or disabled. Usually it is not recommended to enable this option if you do not experience any graphics issues. Usually we recommend enabling this option if published apps or published desktops are mirrored or behaved erratically.
    This option can not be configured at all, meaning that there is no tools to adjust something within this option.

May I wonder what made you look through this option?
    If you are experiencing some kind of issues feel free to describe it and I will try to provide you with solution or at least useful information.

Cheers!