RC1 - Parallels still alive and working on USB?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by Ekke, May 21, 2006.

1. Ekke

Ekke Bit poster

I've waited some days and noticed that there is virtually no response from anyone of the parallel team on the numerous USB complaints in RC1.
    What's going on there?
    The RC1 is a huge step backwards in USB support. As many others I am facing the situation that USB devices that did work in Beta 6 do not in RC1.
    Again that stupid message ".. used by aonther..".
    This happend with Software keys, Phones etc. Onle some memory sticks/card reader still doing it.
    Looking through the threads for any help or roadmap from Parallels is getting us nowhere.
    This is getting worse by every release and is frustrating.
    Other devices are even not seen at all - no response from Parallels at all (I had offered to send them any information they may need).

I understand that there may be difficulties with the USB support, but my strange guess ist that there is a basic problem with the USB support programming in VM.
    If they had spend more efforts into basic severe shortcomings instead of programming nicer butttons, it may have been justified to call this a RC, as I see it it is more a Beta5.x.

I only hope that they start again being responsive to the Beta testers and use their experience to fix problems.
    If it ever get to a point that the USB support is programmed a way that it just lets the data through to the VM and let the gues OS handle it - I would be willing to spend more than the announced price - as it it now it's only a nice piece of prototype project showing that there is an option to run other OS as guest in OSx.