Re-installed WinXP on MBP... no video past WinXP startup screen...

pkasin

Bit poster
Let me start out by giving my equipment... MBP, 2.33gh, 4gb ram. Two Monitors...PDM 3.0 5608. WinXP SP3, Bootcamp 2.0

Okay. I had my bootcamp WinXP working for a long long time... no issues. One day, somehow, my WinXP was giving me a missing fix error, I looked it up (I believe it was something like missing NTOSKL, but of course I didn't write it down... I did what I read on the forums which was to do a Repair with the windows disk.... Didn't work. Okay, so I reinstalled the OS in my Bootcamp partition... fine. I boot up in Bootcamp directly, Perfect. Then I tried to do the same in Parallels, but right after the Windows flash screen, the screen goes black. However, if I hit enter in the window, I hear the famous Windows login sound... so I know it is a video problem... perhaps a driver problem? So, now I can not activate as I can't see the screen, so if there are any drivers being searched for, I don't know about them.... Any guesses?

Thanks.

Paul
 
Try following
Configuration Editor- Hard Disk 1-Advanced -Clear

BTW, error is Windows XP SP3 and Boot Camp 2.0 , Apple supports SP3 only since Boot Camp 2.1
 
Back
Top