Really don't appreciate the Parallels Access silent install

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DigiAngel, Sep 2, 2013.

1. EllwoodN

EllwoodN Hunter

I agree, apps that scatter stuff all over the system require more of a response than just
    "drag the app to the trash". There is no telling what issues all the little fragments left
    behind can cause at a later date. Even if no issues could arise, they are items that I did
    not want in the first place and do not want taking up space on my system and MUST
    be told what they are so that they can be removed!

2. lotw

lotw Product Expert

If they just removed that forced install of Parallels Access they would solve some of their complaints from the users. To address the second part of the majority of the complaints, turn off the running automatically for PA.

Removing the hidden starting items will render PA non-usable even if you run the app. Not good programming on their part.

3. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi All,
    Parallels Access Agent auto-install with Parallels Desktop 9 has been fixed in the latest update. Now if you click "no", no additional instances are installed with Parallels Desktop.
    As for Parallels Access Agent removal - the uninstall script is available at http://kb.parallels.com/117142

4. lotw

lotw Product Expert

Can we have PA installed without it auto running. That is a big problem for some people and companies. It open up their network to outside sources by default. Software should be using no resources till loaded and enabled. Not always running and take the word it is off. I myself only used PM once in a blue moon and PA I will probably use even less because its not very nice to my system, changing resolution, moving windows around, buggy keyboard support, etc.. Almost have to use it though, for the times I need to remote control my machine, since PM is broken in iOS 7, wont rotate (stay in portriat mode once connected) and you killed it off. The last company that did that to me I wont buy anything from again, Filemaker, when they killed Bento for their useless Filemaker only.