Reduce two finger scrolling speed

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by HugoH1, May 17, 2022.

1. HugoH1

HugoH1 Bit poster

I'm using a MacBook pro, M1 ARM Chip.
    I'm running a Linux Ubuntu Server ARM64 Guest with XUbuntu as Desktop environment.

When I'm two-finger-scrolling on the touch pad, the scrolling is extremely fast (unusably fast). Linux-internal settings are already set to slowest scrolling speed. Is there any possibility to reduce the scrolling speed via virtual machine settings?

SamuelK2 likes this.
  2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Please refer to this KB article to reduce the touchpad scrolling speed.

3. HugoH1

HugoH1 Bit poster

Thank you for your reply.
    I have seen that page. I turned off Inertia scrolling. The result was:
    - Scrolling in MacOS (host) became unusably slow
    - Scrolling in the virtual machine stopped using acceleration, but is still extremely fast
    - Inertia Scrolling settings in MacOS vanished, so my scrolling on the host system is continuously broken ( <- this is obviously a bug on MacOS, but I though it might be helpful to mention it for future users.

4. HugoH1

HugoH1 Bit poster

Hm.. after a couple of reboots the inertia scrolling options came back

5. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello, Have you restarted the Mac host machine after you have made changes in the configuration?

6. HugoH1

HugoH1 Bit poster

No, I didn't restart the mac, but I also won't be able to do so until my trial license expires. So I guess I'll have to give up on this. Thank you for your assistance so far.