Regular crashes of ParallelDesktop / Finder since I upgraded to Mac OS 10.15.2

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Dr.N, Dec 24, 2019.

1. Dr.N

Dr.N Bit poster

I have been using Parallel desktop for years and v15/Catalina for a few weeks without any issue.

But since I upgraded to 1°.15.2 I have regular situation where both the Finder and Parallel Desktop are crashing and it is impossible to restart the first (Finder) and even to stop the latter (Parallel Desktop).

The only option is to force a "cold start" by maintaining the power button of the Mac presse for a few seconds.
    I which case, all resume to normal (sometime with an warning message that not everything may have been saved)

I had to do this 3 times since yesterday where it had never happened in the past.

2. Hi, does Parallels crash without any errors or warnings?
    Could you collect the tech report after crash please? Check this KB article and post the report's id here.

3. Dr.N

Dr.N Bit poster

Actually it does not really crashes: it seems frozen.
    I suspect that it is a change of events:
    1/ for some reasons the AFP connection to my Synology NAS "freezes" the Finder who cannot be stopped/started properly anymore
    2/consecutively, the virtual machine running XP under coherence is itself frozen: actually it prevents the Mac to shutdown and it is not even possible to "force to quit" the parallel desktop process

No I didn't produce the full detailed technical log: when the system is frozen, it is not possible to do so as parallel desktop is unresponsive. Moreover, when using the possibility under normal circumstances it ants to take "copies of my screen" and I don't like this to much as the Parallel Desktop instance if used for an accounting system and I consider the data as confidential

4. JeffN6

JeffN6 Bit poster

also having regular crashes of my Mac while using parallels. no warning, just instant black screen and restarts. any help?