Reinstall Causes Deletion of Files? Location of files??

viper69

Bit poster
Hi there..my friend is using her MacBook Pro with Parallels Version: 3.0 (3.0 Build 4128.0), yes I know that build is old.

However, if she reinstalls the same version or updates to a new build/version will that cause a deletion of her files that she saved onto the Windows XP desktop?? Would she need to reinstall the Win XP OS and any programs she installed? I don't own a Mac anymore so my knowledge is very limited in the Mac world, I'm just asking for her.

I looked in Parallels PDF file and didn't notice the answer to these questions.

Lastly, where would her files be located so she can at least get them and go use them on a different computer. Parallels is great WHEN it works.

Thanks in advance.
 
JOHN, your response, DID NOT answer my questions. READ IT AGAIN! PLEASE. Don't bother telling me how to back up information. I didn't ask how to do that!!!!
 
No it doesn't (it's not supposed to) delete your virtual machines, oh wait, that doesn't answer your question!! Well, if it doesn't delete your virtual machines then it doesn't delete the files on windows.

In Parallels>Preferences you can see right there the path where it saves the Virtual Machines.

But if you feel wobbly about updating, and well, anything can happen, back up as John said.

...
You're welcome.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that helpful piece of information. I looked through their entire manual and didn't see that question addressed. Perhaps I missed it...you certainly told me more then John! Thanks dude!
 
Back
Top