Reinstallation issues problem id 15380

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GlennU, Jan 15, 2017.

1. GlennU

GlennU Bit poster

Hi,
    I see another thread regarding the same code. I wasn't sure if I should begin my inquiry within his. So I started this one.
    My system:
    Newly purchased last week iMac 3.3ghz, OS 10.12.2, Parallel 12.1.2
    Scenario:
    Everything was fine. Parallels was installed. I migrated older virtual disks into Parallel 12. Everything worked. Then, I was stupid to download and install an encryption app on my Mac side. Immediately afterwards I decided it wasn't for me. So I wanted to uninstall it. But there's no app to uninstall. So I tried to restore my system via time machine (my one and only backup). It progressed all the way to the end of restoration. But then everything hung up. I was forced to reinstall macOS 10.12. And during the process, was prompted to transfer applications & documents. I did so. I tried starting Parallels. My virtual disks were not listed. I clicked on "new". It connected to my disks. I had to leave. So I closed Parallels. Came back. Tried to start. I got the Problem Id 15380. I then trashed Parallels. I tried to reinstall. Same problem code.
    Now what do I do? Sorry for my lengthy thread. I left out all my cursing & head banging in between.
    Glenn

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi GlennU, I would like to let you know that we have already involved our Development in this case and they are currently working on the resolution. Meanwhile, you can uninstall the current version, download and install the previous build and let us know how it works.

3. GlennU

GlennU Bit poster

Thanks for your reply Chris,
    I'm not sure if my old Parallel Desktop will work on my mac OS 10.12. My previous version is Parallel 5 which ran on my mac OS 10.6.
    Glenn

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Dear Glenn, it's not a previous version. It is the link for the previous build. Please try and let us know how it works.

5. GlennU

GlennU Bit poster

Hi Paul,
    I tried to install my previous build, 7.0 onto my os 10.12. Displays error message "...can not be installed on your Mac...can only be installed on Mac OS X 10.5.2 or higher."
    Glenn

6. Dinesh@Parallels

Dinesh@Parallels Guest

Dear @GlennU ,
    Please revert back to the previous update of Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac using this link, which should fix the issue.

7. GlennU

GlennU Bit poster

It's working now! Thanks Dinesh & Chris! :)

8. PaulChristopher@Parallels

Great! Stay tuned for the next build. Feel free to reach out anytime. We are here to help!