Reinstalled Lion + Time Machine

Hinson

Bit poster
Hello,

I recently had to wipe, format and reinstall Lion per apple supports advice on fixing a permissions issue. Now they cannot help me with restoring my vm. I used to migration tool and Parallels itself is operational but I don't have the win7 vm anymore is there a way to retrieve the win7 and run it along with all the applications that were installed in that environment? or do I have to get the install disk and start from scratch. I tried searching the forums but couldn't find anything.

Thank you in advance

Steven.
 
Last edited:
Do you have a backup of all your Mac's files, like a time machine backup? If so you'll find your VM there.

Thank you. I found it in the Documents>Parallel folder. Weird issue now is the mouse and keyboard does not respond in the VM. I can hover over items and it will highlight them but as soon as i click it wont allow me to do anything. If I assign the mouse to the VM the pointer disappears but the mouse of functional in the VM. Hopefully there is something I can do without having to re install everything since this VM is used to access a database and it would be a pain to have to reinstall all the software as well.
 
I suggest you to check for updates from Parallels Desktop menu --> Check for updates.

Install the latest update and start your Windows - Parallels Tools update should be started. This update should fix your problem With mouse and keyboard.
 
I suggest you to check for updates from Parallels Desktop menu --> Check for updates.

Install the latest update and start your Windows - Parallels Tools update should be started. This update should fix your problem With mouse and keyboard.

Thank you for the reply, I just tried updating and it fails. The error message I get is to check my network connections and try again. Everything seems to be in order as far as internet connectivity is concerned. Does a certian port have to be open or anything?
 
Back
Top