Relocation of Windows Start bar.

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by Paul Waggett, Feb 11, 2007.

1. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

At present there is only the option to anchor this at the top, left or right of the screen.

Can you add an option to put it at the bottom please?

TIA

2. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

I think this is a WInXp thing
    just place your mouse pointer near the start button and drag it o the lower left corner of the screen

I usually move the bar off the bottom by accident and have to drag it back :)

Hugh W

3. Paul Waggett

Paul Waggett Junior Member

I can easily reposition the Start bar once it's fired up but I'd rather just set the preference in Parallels and have done with it.

I'm puzzled why it was never put in the options list from outset.........

4. drval

drval Pro

I'm confused about what you're asking about here. Within XP you can attach the Taskbar to the bottom as well -- just click and drag.

Are you perhaps thinking about the buttons for the Parallels window (in Mac OSX)? Those could be set via the View/Main Window interface for Parallels (when the VM is stopped); and that dialogy only allows for Left, Right or Top for the Paralles "toolbar". That is the collection of buttons to start/stop/pause, etc the VM.

The Windows Taskbar position and properties would be set within XP. Click and drag to relocate or right-click Properties to set autohide, etc.

5. starlir

starlir Bit poster

I'm at build 5584 and now I cannot position the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, if I try it jumps back to the top. I can successfully drag it to either side and it stays there, but not the bottom. Anyone any idea how to fix this?

6. Hugh Watkins

Hugh Watkins Forum Maven

experiment with your mouse dragging the bar through all four positions

and judge carefully the moment to relase the button
    this is a windows user issue - I have the T-shirt for this too

Hugh W