While using Windows 10 in Parallels, Parallels pops up an annoying printer selection box rather frequently. The box shows my Mac printer that is connected directly to my Mac and asks if I want that printer to be connected to my Mac or to Windows 10. I always select "Mac" and check the box that says, "Remember my selection." The issue is that it really doesn't remember my selection - it prompts me to do the printer selection at arbitrary times, usually at very unwanted times when I am in the middle of doing something else important on another Mac Desktop. When it prompts, it takes me from what I am concentrating on, to the Mac Desktop displaying the Parallels printer selection box and totally disrupting my train of thought.
I do shut Windows 10 and Parallels down completely when they are not being used, but rarely reboot my Mac. I'm expecting the "Remember my selection" to remember it between Windows 10 sessions. I understand that the selection box should pop up if I connect a new printer or probably other device, but it should not pop up for a device that I have already selected.
I do shut Windows 10 and Parallels down completely when they are not being used, but rarely reboot my Mac. I'm expecting the "Remember my selection" to remember it between Windows 10 sessions. I understand that the selection box should pop up if I connect a new printer or probably other device, but it should not pop up for a device that I have already selected.