Remote access to VM's

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by edwardd20, Sep 13, 2018.

1. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member

I know I'm asking for a lot. What is possible?

I am teaching some kids about computers. I would like to setup my personal copy of Parallels with multiple images (Windows desktop, Windows Server, Ubuntu), all running at the same time but only one instance of each image. Each image is legally licensed.

1) During face to face time, from their ChromeBooks or laptops, I would like the students to each access a different one of the images. 1 set of students per image, not multiple instances of a given image, but multiple sets of students on different images.

2) During the times I am not face to face with them, I would like for them to be able to access the images remotely via a web browser. I will leave another machine running. Ideally passwords would be required to access the various machines so others can't gain access.

3) When they shut down the VM's (not restart), I would like to reset the machines back to their original condition.

4) I would like to have the ability to spy on them, or see what they are doing while they are on the image(s).

Obviously I'm on a Mac, it's a pretty top of the line 2018 MBP so I think I've got the horse power.

I am a volunteer and these kids are middle school and high school students. This is not any kind of professional gig just a nerdy request.

As I said, I know I'm asking a lot. What is doable/possible?

Thanks.

Ed

2. edwardd20

edwardd20 Member