Remove Items from Docked Windows 7 Apps Folder

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MattLx, Jul 8, 2011.

1. MattLx

MattLx Bit poster

In the Windows 7 Applications folder that sits in my Mac OS dock, can I delete selected items without deleting the related shortcuts or apps within the VM?

For example, I don't need Internet Explorer to be readily available to launch in coherence from that Windows 7 Application folder. If I remove that shortcut (that's what I'm guessing it is) will the Internet Explorer shortcut be missing from within the Windows 7 VM start menu as accessed in screen mode?

I'd like to remove all the folders and shortcuts leaving only the 5 or 6 Win apps that need.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. alev

alev Parallels Team

You could remove apps from this folder, but they will be automatically added again on a next start (this refresh is required in order to make sure that newly installed apps are presented in this folder)
    I could recommend you to act that way:

1) Go to your User/Applications folder. There will be Windows application folder.
    2) Create new folder - for example "My Favorite Windows apps"
    3) Copy apps from the Windows application folder to the "My Favorite Windows apps" folder
    4) Remove Windows applications folder from the Dock, and add "My Favorite ones" instead
    5) Enjoy

Hope it helps!

Last edited: Jul 8, 2011