bobbyt
Hunter
I'm trying to free up some disk space eon my Mac, and decided it might be a good time to perform a cleanup on my Windows 10 Guest OS.
I brought the drive inside the VM from over 40 GB to just over 20 GB, and getting properties on the drive inside the Guest OS shows this to be true.
I then shut down the Guest and chose reclaim disk space. It saved about 2 GB so now the entire guest takes up 42 GB instead of 44 GB.
Why is it that a .hdd image containing only 24 GB still occupies over 40 GB on my Macs HD???
I brought the drive inside the VM from over 40 GB to just over 20 GB, and getting properties on the drive inside the Guest OS shows this to be true.
I then shut down the Guest and chose reclaim disk space. It saved about 2 GB so now the entire guest takes up 42 GB instead of 44 GB.
Why is it that a .hdd image containing only 24 GB still occupies over 40 GB on my Macs HD???