Removing Parallels Partitions-Please Help

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jbwjim, Mar 25, 2009.

1. jbwjim

jbwjim Junior Member

Can someone tell me how or steer to a post that walks you through deleting the Parallels partitions in BootCamp and my other hard drive. The problem I am having with Parallels, and I've been using it since way back when, is that when I try to use it in either Bootcamp or my other partition, when Windows boots up, I have to register it EVERY TIME. I didn't have to do this before. I purchased Ver 4.0 and that is when this started. I removed 4.0 and went back to 3.o and same issue. I miss being able to use Parallels, so I figured if there is a way to totally wipe it out that I should be able to reinstall it. I am computer literate also. Someone plesae Help???? Thanks in advance..... JIM jbwjim@comcast.net

2. desgael

desgael Pro

Are there any Parallels Tools currently installed in a boot camp partition? What is important is to uninstall Parallels Tools of 3.0 version from Add/Remove programs if there are any. After that, you can try to get back to 4.0 version and create a new virtual machine based on a boot camp partition. As long as there would be no problem with that, Windows wil ask for reactivation only once.
    If the problem persists, I would suggest to create a ticket in our support line for a closer investigation.

3. sammy sladenbach

sammy sladenbach Bit poster

Try using a legal version of Parallels Desktop and that will solve your problems.
    I've seen posts by you on other forums pertaining to warez and illegal applications,
    and I felt it was my obligation to sign up here and expose this fact for my fellow Paralleler's!
    I doubt very much you are using a legal copy of Parallels Desktop.