Repetitive "macOS Detected" notification

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mcgroarty, Dec 2, 2018.

1. mcgroarty

mcgroarty Bit Poster

Occasionally, Parallels Desktop gets stuck in a loop where it keeps showing a "macOS Detected - Click to install macOS" notification over and over again. I can turn off notifications to stop it, but I can see in the notification center that the time is always "now" which means it's continuing to issue that notification.

Does anyone else get this, or know what causes it?

I do have both Acronis True Image 2019 and Bitdefender Antivirus installed, which are probably the only really nonstandard things I have that might conflict with Parallels. I also have 24 virtual machines, which might be more than most people, but I only have one VM actually running when this is happening.

* macOS Mojava 10.14.1
    * iMac Pro
    * Parallels 14.1.0 (45387)
    * Acronis True Image 2019 23.4.17000
    * Bitdefender Antivirus 7.2.1.6

2. Sathiya@Parallels

Sathiya@Parallels Staff Member

Hi mcgroarty. Please provide the screenshot of the message to check and assist further. Also, let us know which virtual machine is running while you receive the message?

3. Elric

Elric Parallels Developers

Hi,
    We'd appreciate if you could do the next:
    Please go to the menu of Parallels Desktop -> Window -> Control Center. Then Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Advanced and enable option "Use detailed log messages". Then, when problem arises a couple of times, please go to the Help -> Send Technical data. Send the report a and post here its number

4. HaraldB3

HaraldB3 Bit Poster

Hi,
    same to that annoying behaviour! When will it be solved?

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Developers

We'd appreciate if you could do the next:
    Please go to the menu of Parallels Desktop -> Window -> Control Center. Then Parallels Desktop -> Preferences -> Advanced and enable option "Use detailed log messages". Then, when problem arises a couple of times, please go to the Help -> Send Technical data. Send the report a and post here its number

6. DanielB27

DanielB27

Just a little more data for this: I am also running BitDefender on both Mac and Windows 10 VPC. One VPC only. Same repetitive message shortly after BitDefender AND MacOS updated. If it happens again (I'm busy and just shut down Parallels to avoid it) I'll capture the log data and submit it.
    MacOS now 10.14.4.
    BitDefender AV for Mac 7.2.2.1

7. CraigF3

CraigF3 Bit Poster

Same issue happened with me. Bitdefender on my Mac was running a scan, then suddenly Parallels kept notifying me of MacOS detected, but the notification would disappear, then appear again several times. After a while it stopped and hasn't started again.