Repost: Application freezing Windows 10

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for Windows' started by alvaroafernandez, Feb 12, 2016.

1. alvaroafernandez

alvaroafernandez Bit poster

My previous post on this topic is nowhere to be seen. Will repost just in case... apologies if it ends up being a duplicate.

This is urgent.

Briefly, my clients experience a freezing of a published app. Freezing means the application does not react any keyboard output. In addition, the cursor stops blinking and moves to an arbitrary region of the window.

The window for the application can still be moved around the desktop when this is happening, and the frame does change color when selected, so I guess it is listening to the focus event. The contents of the window are always displayed with no issue, just frozen.

If you kill the published app window and log back in, the app is fine and seemingly unaware anything happened. You can make the application unfreeze too if you maximize the window for the app, then minimize again. This always seems to work, but I am not 100% sure.

My clients are using Windows 10. We have never experienced this problem in house, but our laptops and desktops still run Windows 7. The server itself is Windows 2008, 32 bit and is located in another state. My clients are using the latest build of the 2x client. I am using 64 bit, version 10.5 build 1323.