Req: Allow use of proxy server

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by AltF4, Nov 1, 2013.

1. AltF4

AltF4 Bit poster

Hello there.

I am wondering if proxy support could be implemented into the iOS Client just like how the Windows client operates?

Let me know if this feature is perhaps planned.
    Thanks so much.

2. andrews8

andrews8 Hunter

Hi and thanks for your post. Can you give use information about your feature request and I'll advise best I can. Is this relating to configuring the 2X Client to go through a local proxy server in an environment where proxy authentication is required?

3. AltF4

AltF4 Bit poster

Sorry for the delayed reply.
    That is 100% correct. Just like with the Windows RDP client you can specify an authentication proxy under the "Network" tab, I would like to also be able to do this for the iOS app.

Use Case:
    Connected to an enterprise network, all traffic must go through their proxy. Outbound "unfiltered" RDP connections don't make it through, but going through the proxy server is. Connecting the iDevice to the network allows configuration of the proxy under Wifi for the iDevice for it to connect to the internet, but it still require the 2X app tunnel through the proxy by specifying:

- Proxy Server Type (example: HTTP 1.1)
    - Proxy Host (server name)
    - Proxy Port (for the server - example: 8080)
    - Optional Authentication

Currently 2X does not work on iOS when I am connected to the enterprise network due to not being able to configure the proxy settings to tell the 2X app "how" to connect (like the 2X Windows Client).

Let me know if you need any further details. Hopefully it isn't too difficult of an implementation for the 2X iOS dev team.

Thanks! I love your products.

4. dinaafifi1

dinaafifi1 Bit poster

If you have just found that your IP is banned you can get proxy account https://www.iwasel.com/en/ I was blocked, got the account.. connected with no degradation in speed... It's a great solution.