Resolution & Specific Key Issues

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by MattS4, Jan 23, 2016.

1. MattS4

MattS4 Bit poster

Hello! I recently purchased and begin using Parallels Access a few weeks ago. The main purpose of using this software is so that I can remote into a work laptop using another laptop when needed. Everything runs great, with the exception of two things. First, the laptop that I have setup with the software so that it can be accessed remotely runs a maximum resolution of 1600x900 and has a 15" screen. The ultrabook I'm using to remote into this work laptop runs 1920x1080 and has a 13" screen. The problem I'm facing when I remote in is that the mouse does not display properly and appears to be positioned lower and to the right than it really is. The somewhat temporary fix to this is to set the screen mode that sort of zooms you in, then the positioning is perfectly fine. The same issue occurs if I switch to full screen mode as well. I tried changing the resolution on the ultrabook to 1600x900, however that only made it worse one I remote in. Thoughts?

Second issue is that specific keys do not work, which I've tested on multiple computers. Referring to the - = and ; keys. Everything else seems to work fine. Any suggestions or input on these issues would be great as I will need the remote access to work perfectly for an upcoming two week trip in February.

Thank you!

2. MattS4

MattS4 Bit poster

Spent about 45 minutes on with "technical support" which ended up nowhere. The support appears to be outsourced internationally and both reps hung up during the process of going over the issues. First rep actually didn't log anything we discussed so I had to repeat everything again, only to have the same thing happen with the 2nd rep. Hoping someone on here can help or point me in the right direction!

3. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Kindly reply us your email address so that we can look into the ticket and and assist you ASAP.

4. MattS4

MattS4 Bit poster

I spoke with someone on the Parallels Facebook page via chat who said "Our engineers are aware of the issue as it is known and they are looking into it." My email is cbzz87@gmail.com and would love some real support.

Quick Update - It appears that the issue for both the mouse pointer being out of sync/position and those three specific keys not working does NOT happen in Chrome! It happens in Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer. Makes very little sense...

5. laceybeck982

laceybeck982 Bit poster

That is was very nice post .........

6. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

We cannot find any tickets under that email address. Thus we request you to send us an email describing the issue at cs@parallels.com so that we can check.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi MattS4, please be informed that Parallels Access - 3.1.0(31288) was released and the issue has been addressed. Kindly update Parallels Access to the latest build on both Remote device and Parallels Access agent and check how it works.