right click in menu bar does not show start menu

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by bobito, Jun 20, 2013.

1. bobito

bobito Member

Usually when I right-click on the parallels icon in the menu bar, it shows the windows start menu. But it is no longer doing that. Do I have to restart Parallels to get it to come back?

2. Andrew@Parallels

Andrew@Parallels Parallels Team

Do you mean right-click doesn't awake Start menu when you click on Parallels logo at the top right side of the screen (when running in Coherence)?
    Does it show up if you left-click > Windows Start Menu ?

3. bobito

bobito Member

It started working again after I quit and restart. I'm not sure what happened before.

4. bobito

bobito Member

OK -- it is doing it again. I just started up Parallels, and it resumed operation in Coherence mode. Right clicking on the Parallels icon in the menu bar does not do anything.

You ask "Does it show up if you left-click > Windows Start Menu ?" but where is it I should left click? I don't understand.

The one place I can click is the Parallels icon in the dock -- if I left click that, I see the start menu. Ironically though, there is no white dot next to that icon. Usually if an app is running you see a white dot next to the icon.

5. BradD808

BradD808 Bit poster

I have the same problem.