Right click not working in Ubuntu VM

I have a logitech wireless mouse which works perfectly in Mac OS, but it does not appear to be recognized as having a Right Click key in Parallels. Is this a defect or is there something special I have to do? I use the SteerMouse driver in Mac OS but it does work without that.
 
Maybe this obvious questions help:
1) Have you successfully installed Parallels Tools? (If so, automatic mouse capture and dynamic resizing of the window should work)
2) Have you tried disabling steermouse?
 
Well, I strongly recommend disabling steermouse for testing purposes. If the right mouse button works after disabling steermouse, one at least knows, that parallels and steermouse don't work together or that steermouse settings have to be changed.
Also, if everything works fine without steermouse, there is another utility for the mac called usb overdrive, which might be able to replace steermouse for you. I personally prefer usb overdrive and I use it on my mac in conjunction with parallels without major mouse issues.

Greetings.
 
Just to be clear ... I am specifically saying the mouse does not work properly with Ubuntu. Are you using Ubuntu? I also have WinXP as a VM and the mouse works correctly.
 
USB overdrive works with Ubuntu

Thanks for the suggestion. It was very frustrating not being able to right click.

However, I don't like the USB Overdrive preference window as much as Steermouse. It isn't as intuitive so I'll have to figure out how to configure it correctly.
 
Well, I got what you wrote. I had Ubuntu 8.10 running with my Microsoft Habu and USB overdrive. Rightklick worked with that combination for me. But that doesn't really matter in your case. Just do some trial and error and I suggest to start with steermouse. Just deactivate it, test it, reactivate and you hopefully know more.
 
Back
Top