Rosetta Won't Support x86 Virtualization Apps Running Windows

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ManeeshP, Jun 24, 2020.

1. ManeeshP

ManeeshP Bit poster

https://www.macrumors.com/2020/06/23/rosetta-wont-support-x86-virtualization-windows/

As outlined in developer documentation shared this week, while Rosetta will be able to translate most Intel-based apps, it will not work with Virtual Machine apps that virtualize x86_64 computer platforms.

That means Apple's future Macs with Apple-designed chips will not natively support running current versions of software like VMWare or Parallels to run x86 Windows within the virtualization software. Other native solutions may appear, but will require efforts from 3rd party developers.

2. ManeeshP

ManeeshP Bit poster

What a shame. I hope a solution is found. I love running Windows XP and Office 2010 in parallels.

Anyway I don't plan on upgrading anytime soon. I just hope parallels come up with solution in the next couple of years.

3. ||xplorer

||xplorer Member

This is why I am moving to a plain vanilla Windows laptop soon. It was (kinda) fun as long as it lasted...

4. Roland07

Roland07 Junior Member

Thats why many Macbooks are sold now. I noticed a peak of Mac Book Pro's being sold. The amount doubled. MBP 16" 32GB, 2 TB are being sold for 2200 euro right now. People are moving to Windows.