Run Mac Office 365 and Windows Office 365 on the same computer?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JeffS32, Oct 1, 2021.

1. JeffS32

JeffS32 Bit poster

I'm running a current version of Office 365 for Mac, which includes Excel for Mac (version 16.53). I have the "Family" plan, which would allow me to install Office 365 on up to five computers. I want to run the WINDOWS version of EXCEL (because it is more robust than the Mac version). I want to run that version in a Parallels shell. I assume that I can install Windows Excel only in Windows/Parallels. Does anyone know if having two instances of Office/Excel (Mac & Win) on the same machine will somehow conflict?

2. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro

Hello @JeffS32 , Please follow below Steps. to install Excel in Parallels.
    In order to set up Excel in Parallels Desktop, follow the simple procedures below:
    1. Sign up for Parallels My Account--detailed information on signing up can be found in our 'Quick Start Guide'
    2. Install Windows on Mac.
    3. Ensure Windows is running perfectly.
    4. Install Excel for Windows.

3. JeffS32

JeffS32 Bit poster

I understand how Parallels works on a Mac with respect to installing a Win program. I am asking a different question: Does anyone have experience with installing two instances of the same LICENSE of Office on the same computer? The Office 365 tech support folks thought a conflict could occur between the two instances on the same machine, but they were not Parallels experts. I hope my question makes sense.

CallMeDblOSeven likes this.
  4. McallenT@P

McallenT@P Parallels Team

Hello @JeffS32, Yes, you can install Office 365 on Windows virtual machine and on the Mac side.

Thanks,
    McAllen

JeffS32 likes this.