Running Games Like Medal of Honor on PD16

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AnthonyM20, Feb 7, 2021.

1. AnthonyM20

AnthonyM20 Bit poster

Hi
    I've used Parallels in the past for a multitude of different things in the past:
    • running a decent MSN / Live Messenger at the time;
    • running Outlook before Mac Mail became decent enough to switch;
    • running a programming environment, eg Delphi or using something like Power BI / SQL Server
    One thing I'd LOVE to use it for is for old PC games with a big hit of nostalgia. I used to play MOH:AA and Spearhead a great deal back in 2001 - 2004, and did manage in the past to create a Boot Camp Windows installation with Parallels to run it. But that was about 6 years ago, and I don't want to have to reboot my machine just to be able to play these old games.

I recently saw a Twitch stream of someone playing MOH online (using the Revival patch, of course) and I'm desperate to have it working again. However, I still get the same old problems where as soon as the game launches, it crashes. Has ANYONE managed to get this game running in a normal Parallels environment? Ie, not a boot camp? If so, please can you tell me what I need to do so. AFAIK, I have everything installed that I should to play the game. The MOH console seems to indicate that OpenGL has just been loaded, but then talks about some bits being missing - though I doubt this is the reason for the crash. I even tried to skip the intro and get straight to the game by editing the autoexec.cfg, and have tried to run it in Windowed mode by putting a "-w" on the shortcut. All have no effect, and if anything the skipping of the intro just makes it crash quicker. I run my Windows env in Windowed mode, but even if I run it in fullscreen, there's no difference. I'd like, finally, to be able to sort this and I can't believe that 20yrs after a game was released, Parallels cannot make this work...there must be something I'm missing?

Thanks
    Ant

Attached Files:

2. AnthonyM20

AnthonyM20 Bit poster

Never mind, I got it working in the end.