Running Mac Classic as a CM on Intel Macs

EvilTony

Bit poster
I wish to retain access to a lot of work I've created with HyperCard - which no longer functions on Intel-based Macs.
Is there a method to install a pre-OSX version of the MacOS in Parallels in this situation?
 
Hi EvilTony,

Parallels is a virtualization product, and can only run x86 or x64 based operating systems. Mac OS prior to OS X used Motorola 68K and later PowerPC based operating systems. In order to run a pre-OS X application, you need some way to run an earlier version of Mac OS. Check out this article which talks about some ways to do just that: http://lowendmac.com/mac2win/08m2w/sheepshaver-for-mac-os-x.html

Good luck!

Rich S.
 
Thanks Rich,

I had all kinds of problems trying to install SheepShaver and finally gave up.

I use Mac-on-a-Stick - which is wonderful (and, as it's on a memory stick, portable) but has one drawback for me... the 'screen' is too small and I can't make it larger.

I just thought there'd be no harm asking.

£$%^&* - if my copy of Parallels can let me run Windows XP and Windows Vista on my Mac, why can't Apple give me _something_ which would allow me to continue running heritage apps! I've been using HyperCard since the late eighties and still find it incredibly versatile.
 
Back
Top