running MS Publisher or MS office 365

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RobertM43, Sep 27, 2018.

1. RobertM43

RobertM43 Bit poster

Am new to parallels and Mac in general. Finding it a little difficult to get my head around it.
    I have numerous publisher files and have downloaded parallels 14 so I can use them. I don't yet have publisher installed.
    I have a 365 subscription already installed on my Mac.

Is there a way to just put Publisher in parallels without having to put in the whole Office suite. Office is a big file and I don't want it installed twice if I can help it.
    Does having Office in parallels use up two of my five office 365 subscriptions?
    Is there a best practice way of being able to download and use Publisher without my 365 subscription.

2. Hi RobertM43. It is not possible to install MS Publisher alone from the Office 365 program. Please refer this Microsoft article for more information. Regarding the license count, yes - the activation will be counted for the applications installed in Parallels Desktop also.

RobertM43 likes this.
  3. KailahP

KailahP Bit poster

*Oh My God. I wish I had read your question BEFORE signing up for the subscription because that's literally all I wanted to use Parallels for!
    I have tons of Publisher files that I need access to, and I just bought a new Mac with the entire Office suite.

Stupid Publisher. UUUugh. Thanks for nothing Parallel.