Running Visual Studio 2019 on Windows 11 on M1 Mac ?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by HalilD, Oct 18, 2021.

Tags:
  1. JamesG36

JamesG36 Bit poster

Any of you guys running VS on Win 11/ARM noticed problems with the latest Win11 updates? I can no longer load my SQLproj, I get an ESE error. The rest of my solution loads fine, it's just the SQL project. Kinda bummed to move back to an Intel machine, after a year of using an M1! :(

2. RajaR1

RajaR1 Bit poster

hi Guys, recently i got the mac m1 ARM and installed Windows 11 with prallels, I am trying create or run the existing application, it always throwing with the error Unspecified error (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80004005 (E_FAIL)) has occurred.

I have tried all the below options in windows 11 still not working, please help.
    1. Uninstalling visual studio 2017 and reinstalling
    2. Changing the Import & Export directory in VS2017 tools -> options
    3. Restricting Mac folder Document folder access
    4. Uninstalling one-drive, so documents folder will take from c:\drive

3. PedroS7

PedroS7 Junior Member

I genuinely recommend just using VS2022; it's actually ARM-native, so it will run a lot faster and with far less issues.

4. ErikM9

ErikM9 Bit poster

I tried VS2022ARM inside a Windows 11 ARM VM. Unfortunately there's a bug that prevents VS2022 ARM from connecting to SQL Server over the network.

What other options do I have for running (x64) VS2022 on M1 host?
    I parallels able to emulate windows 11 x64 inside a M1 host?
    I understand that Windows 11 arm has ways of running emulated x64 apps, but how would one go about installing VS2022x64 on Win 11 ARM?