Sad website issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Andrew_Backer, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Andrew_Backer

Andrew_Backer Bit poster

Here are just a few I noticed in a short time of trying to use the site/support/forum:
    1. Contact page says XXX days email support, but provides no email address.
    2. Contact page says to register for support, even though I have registered. Bad messaging. I understand what they mean now... your free chat / phone support has ended (why? I never used it... don't be jerks about it, give free chat, or web-chat forums with users in them, etc. phone should be # of incidents, not time based; I think even MS gets that)
    3. Forum: I have no access rights to my avatar page (!) to change it. At least use gravator as a fallback, and fix that bug.
    4. Forum: Can't attach image. Error is unhelpful, just says "ERROR". Had to post, then edit, then click "more options", then upload.
    5. Forum: does not pick up login from main parallels site. Had to log in twice, even though I followed the support link
    6. Site gives me Chinese, because I am in China. My preferred language is English. Trust the browser, not your fscking geolocation lib, m'kay. Nice language switcher, though.
    7. Site in general gives the impression you don't want to talk to your customers. 90s era FAQ, no chat, semi-decent forum though, hard to find, cirucular links. It acts like something Symantec would put up.
    I will skip the marketing spin, but I am getting annoyed at 50% faster... my disk should be running 2x as fast as physically possible by now :D Things actually stay about the same, i've never seen a perf improvement of any magnitude between releases.

A lot of your users are quite knowledgable, start treating us like it. Overall the site looks like you have some good people making it, just being given nothing helpful-to-users to do. I have skipped buying a few products (latest was postbox, before that a webapp) because the sites make it _clear_ they don't want to talk to their customers, but I don't have that luxury with VM software. Its you or vmware, or buy a new windows laptop when this one goes. Either is acceptable.

2. DPCOLE72

DPCOLE72 Junior Member

Threats of going to the competition aren't going to help. Parallels Inc might not have the resources to get back quickly, and probably prioritize messages to respond to - especially if they have pay-for support options, those folks would get priority support first.

That's my guess.

and for the record, Parallels is better than Fusion for some things, especially 3D or DirectX applications or games.