Safari as default browser in Windows 11 {broken}

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by Vmatz, Nov 20, 2022.

1. Vmatz

Vmatz Bit poster

I had selected Safari as default browser when first asked after initial Windows 11 ARM installation.
    For testing I selected Edge as default and would now like to change back.
    The procedure as described in the Knowledge Base (https://kb.parallels.com/de/125092) does not work.
    Windows > Settings > Apps for websites returns "Your browser is the only installed app that can open websites." No other options to select here.
    Windows > Settings > Default apps lists heaps of Mac applications, however, not Safari.

What can I do?

2. Vmatz

Vmatz Bit poster

This could possibly be related to the new macOS Rapid Security Response in Ventura.
    Under /Applications there only remains a linkt called Safari.app which points at ../System/Cryptexes/App/System/Applications/Safari.app
    I just don't know what to do with this information...

3. ThiloS2

ThiloS2 Bit poster

Hi,
    i have the same problem after Update to Ventura. Any ideas to solve the problem in sight?

Vmatz likes this.
  4. MarcB12

MarcB12 Bit poster

Same! My Windows 11 install is x64, but Safari (Mac) doesn't show up in the list of apps that can be set as defaults. The attached screenshot shows the relevant section of the Apps->Default Apps setting panel.

Attached Files:

Vmatz likes this.
  5. ThiloS2

ThiloS2 Bit poster

Hi,

any news? Since Ventura 13.1 the problem still exists :(

6. AndyJ4

AndyJ4 Bit poster

Same problem here -- Safari is not shown as an option in the Default Apps section of Windows Settings.
    Any updates?

7. ThiloS2

ThiloS2 Bit poster

Sorry, it seems the Ventura Update did not solve the problem. Still waiting.

8. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team