matt.hocker
Junior Member
I have installed windows xp on Bootcamp and am using it with parallels. However I have two problems which may or may not be related to Parallels - they might be due to Boot Camp itself - but I thought I would ask here to see if anyone had any ideas.
1. When I close my Macbook Pro cover and wait for it to go into safe sleep, the computer always boots to Windows when I open it, regardless of whether I had been running the Mac OS or Windows before. This obviously is a problem when I want to change batteries.
2. Running on the Parallels side is no problem, but when I boot Windows in Boot Camp, it complains about unrecognized files and prompts for my XP install CD. I've given it this but every time I run under Parallels and then reboot to Boot Camp, it asks again.
Any ideas on how to fix these issues?
I have also noticed that 3D support is pretty weak on the Parallels side, to the point of not really even being worth using. Anyone else notice this?
1. When I close my Macbook Pro cover and wait for it to go into safe sleep, the computer always boots to Windows when I open it, regardless of whether I had been running the Mac OS or Windows before. This obviously is a problem when I want to change batteries.
2. Running on the Parallels side is no problem, but when I boot Windows in Boot Camp, it complains about unrecognized files and prompts for my XP install CD. I've given it this but every time I run under Parallels and then reboot to Boot Camp, it asks again.
Any ideas on how to fix these issues?
I have also noticed that 3D support is pretty weak on the Parallels side, to the point of not really even being worth using. Anyone else notice this?