Save failed due to out of memory or disk space

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by saintzany, Jun 20, 2006.

1. saintzany

saintzany Bit poster

Has anyone experienced this error writing to the Shared Folder (using Install Tools)? I am sharing OSX's Public folder (under my user name) on XP.

1) When I open a Text file and make a minor edit and save again, no problem.
    2) When I open a Word file and do the same thing (such as adding or changing one word), I get the following error message : "The save failed due to out of memory or disk space."
    3) I've tried Excel document and same thing happens. "The disk is full. Document not saved."
    Has anyone gotten this error? Can this be duplicated? I have 50GB free on the laptop and the virtual XP hard disk shows 4.6GB free. So it can't be any disk space problem... I am assuming...

Can Parallels Support team help?

Regards,
    Zany

2. saintzany

saintzany Bit poster

Well, I am using Windows File Sharing instead of Parallels Tools to share files between Mac and Parallels/XP. It seems to work fine.

3. benesch

benesch Bit poster

Same problem under Windows 2000

I have a shared folder, and I cannot write to it with MS Excel. There is plenty of space on the parallels disk and on the HD of my Macbook.

My setup: Macbook, guest: Windows 2000, MS Excel 2002

Last edited: Sep 13, 2006
  4. mexican_storm@hotmail.com

mexican_storm@hotmail.com Bit poster

Same problem

I can save a file from windows explorer onto my MAC or an external hard drive that I shared. However from some applications (in my case, replay music) the application is telling me that there is no space available.

I am running
    Mac OS X 10.4.7
    2 GHz Intel Core Duo MacBook
    1 GB Memory
    Parallels version 1898
    VM is XP Pro SP 2 version 2002