Screen Blacking Out

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by timfrey, Sep 27, 2010.

1. timfrey

timfrey Bit poster

Recently upgraded to version 6, running latest build of (6.0.11822) on a MacBook Pro 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 with 8GB RAM and NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M w/512MB. I normally suspend my Windows XP session and then when I resume have had no issues. However I've noticed since the version 6 upgrade more times than not, when I resume I just get a black screen. If I look in the thumbnail view of my virtual machines list, I can see the screen changing but the actual display shows nothing but black. If I switch from Window view to Full Screen view then it shows up ok, however as soon as I try to switch it back to Window view it goes black again. It does not seem to matter if I do a suspend or an actual shutdown, when I resume or start up it does the same thing. Was just curious if anybody else has run into a similar problem. I've tried adjusting all of the video settings, I've disabled the Automatic graphics switching mode and nothing I do seems to help.

2. JanNy

JanNy Bit poster

No resolution but the same problem. If starting in VM in Full Screen I get the black screen when switching to Window mode. However, starting in Window mode I can quite happily switch between the Full Screen and Window.