Screen refresh rate very slow when zooming

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ChrisL36, Jan 5, 2022.

1. ChrisL36

ChrisL36 Bit poster

Hello,
    I am running Parallels Desktop 17 on an Intel based Mac with 8 GB of memory. The host operating system is OS X Monterey. I am running OS X Mavericks as the virtual machine. Often, are use the control key and scroll to zoom the host screen, which zooms the virtual machine window as well. Randomly, but all too frequently, the virtual machine screen will not refresh or refresh is so slowly that it looks like the virtual machine freezes. I can use keyboard commands in the virtual machine in the state, so I know the the machine is not frozen, but rather there is a problem with the display. If I move to a different desktop on the host machine and returned to the desktop showing the virtual machine, I can see the change that occurred using the keyboard commands. However, if I tried to use the mouse, there is no visible cursor. Further keyboard commands do not produce a visible change until I've switch back-and-forth between desktops in the host machine.
    As for the configuration settings, I have kept memory graphics, etc. to the recommended settings as determined by parallels when it scans my hardware configuration. Any suggestions in the matter would be helpful. I can post an update with more detailed specifics of the settings if useful.
    Thanks,
    Chris