Screen resolution changes when switching to and from full screen

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by id8creative, Sep 12, 2007.

1. id8creative

id8creative Bit poster

I am using a MBP 17" and want my screen resolution when in "Full Screen" to be 1680x1050. I am able to set this in the windows settings but every time i revert back to the "windowed" mode i need to reset tthe settings next time i go into "Full Mode" again. I tried adding my resolution in the VM Configuration under the video setting but this made the screen too large in the "windowed mode". Ultimately i would like the "windowed mode" to be a small screen....say 640x 480 and when i switch to "Full Screen" it automatically goes to 1680x1050. Is this even possible? I seemed to have had it happen a few times but then it reverted back somehow.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Please go to menu Preference, Appearance tab and uncheck Full Screen: Change Mac OS X resolution. It will do the job :)

3. id8creative

id8creative Bit poster

Thanks that worked.......now i have another unique issue. When i hit "alt" "enter" in windowed mode it now opens up my "display Properties" window and then flips to full screen but my window is stuck up in the top left corner and i cant seem to do anything with it. Any suggestions?

4. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Try opening that window in any other view mode where you can move it (coherence or single window) and move it to some another location on the Windows desktop, then close it (by clicking OK, for example). This should save the new window position in Guest OS and it shouldn't open in the corner again.
    Or you can change the hotkey combination to switch to Fullscreen under Parallels "Preferences" menu - "Keyboard".