screen resolution issue, new parallels 7 install

charliemac

Bit poster
Hi, I just upgraded parallels 7 from parallels 4, because parallels 4 froze in increasingly shorter increments. I have a Macbook, I run parallels on Mac OS X leopard, and I'm trying to run Windows XP pro on a virtual machine inside Mac OS x.

My new install seemed ok until I allowed parallels tools to install. Now I can't seem to:

-- get Windows XP screen resolution to accept higher than 640 x 480
-- find a better parallels default video driver for Windows XP pro

Help. Please.

Charlie
 
Seems like Parallels Tools were incorrectly upgraded. Considering it's a transition from 4 to 7 it would be advisable to uninstall Parallels Tools before installing the new ones. In Windows, go to Control Panel>Add Remove Programs and uninstall any and every instance of Parallels related software. Reboot, let Parallels install the new Parallels Tools or install them manually from the Parallels menu.

"find a better parallels default video driver for Windows XP pro"
I don't really understand what you mean here, but it's not advisable to change the graphic driver Parallels installs. If something's wrong with it re-install Parallels Tools.
 
I have made a strange experience: On my MacBookPro I have a satisfactory screen appearance in full screen mode when choosing a 1440x900 resolution. However, if I switch back to reduced screen mode and then back to full screen mode again, the screen appearance is hazy, although the resolution parameters remain unchanged. If I then first change the resolution to some other option and then back to 1440x900, everything looks bright again. This is somewhat awkward, but at least it works. I would definitely prefer a more professional solution.
 
Back
Top