Secondary display mouse/window position issues

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by saracoth, Mar 6, 2007.

1. saracoth

saracoth Bit poster

The first problem existed even in build 1970, but persists in 3186. As has been reported before, the mouse position is not very well tracked above the top edge of the primary display. At least in full-screen mode. So if your display arrangement puts some or all of your secondary monitor above the top of the primary monitor, those areas will update the cursor position in the guest OS only on mouse events (clicking or scroll wheel).

The cursor will continue to move, if visible, but hover effects or anything based on tracking mouse movement (such as making your cursor reappear after typing something in a document) won't happen.

It would seem this should be a simple thing to fix, but I could be wrong, as this problem has persisted through several versions of the software. All the same, I hope this inconsistent and somewhat constraining behavior is corrected soon.

Additionally, in build 1970, Parallels remembered the window position very well between full screen transitions and exiting and opening the application. In 3186, however, when leaving full screen mode or when launching the Parallels Desktop application, the window always appears on the primary display. This occurs even if the window was completely on a secondary display when you last closed the application or entered full screen mode.

I haven't changed my configuration or common practices. The secondary display is always on and connected to my Mac. I'm not sure why this positional memory seems to have vanished :(