Select Virtual Machine Dialog - where is it?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by whytwolf, Jul 5, 2007.

1. whytwolf

whytwolf Bit poster

On page 100 in the "Parallels Desktop for Mac User Guide" pdf, the manual states "Whenever you start Parallels Desktop, it opens with the Select virtual machine dialog over the
    Configuration Page of a new blank virtual machine."

That doesn't seem to be true. I created a VM in P3.0 using Transporter. I don't ever see the Select VM dialog as described - the only way I can open my transported VM is to double click it directly. Even after opening it successfully, Parallels doesn't seem to recognize that it exists. To work around it, I tried creating an empty VM. Now when I open the application itself, it opens my empty VM, not the one I want, and it still doesn't show me the "Select" dialog.

Anyone know what's up with this?

2. netlsmac

netlsmac Bit poster

Virtual Machine Dialog doesn't show - can't configure

I have the same kind of problem. I don't see the VM dialog as described in the manual. It just goes right the OS. To make matters worse, in order to modify the configuration, I have to stop the VM, click Yes and select "Virtual Machine" in about 1.2 seconds. If I'm not fast enough, it just closes on my and I have to start all over again. Same if I wanted to create a clone. A real pain in the *.

All instructions in the manual talk about select the VM in the dialog.

How can I make Dialog pause so I can make configuration changes before running the OS?