Selectable hotkey for brining running VM to focus

PatrickH67

Bit poster
I frequently run 3+ VMs on my system (generally full screen). And would love a manner of quickly brining a specific VM to focus. If within Parallels desktop a hot key could be selected that would bring the VM into focus it would be very helpful to me.

Alternatively/additionally adding this functionality to prlctl I would be a reasonable solution.
 
Hi Patrick,

Thank you for the suggestion!

In the meantime, I suggest using Automator and Apple Scripts and 3rd party solutions for macOS global shortcuts.
This will not only work for your Parallels Desktop case but be helpful to automate other workflows.
This is the script that works for me to activate VM named "VM2":
tell application "Parallels Desktop" to activate
tell
application "System Events"
tell process "Parallels Desktop"
set windowTitle to "VM2"
click menu item windowTitle of menu 1 of menu bar item "Window" of menu bar 1
end tell
end
tell
 
Back
Top